Subject: Re: Ultra 10s premature death?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: The bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/02/2002 09:09:36
[snip]

> many people told that this means level-2 cache (2MB for utlra
> 10 440MHz CPU) is damaged.
>
> Is this problem of the ecache common for ultrasparc CPUs ??
> anyone experienced this problem ever?

About 2 years ago, we got a shipment of Ultra 10s which exhibited this
problem (or a very similar one).  We had to get all 16 replaced.  Sun
confirmed it at that time to be a CPU bug.

The newer suns we've been using (all Netra class) have been fine, at least
in that department.  I haven't seen the problem since then.

--
-Jon
"The only thing that's worse is when some guy with an iron cross tatoo