Subject: Ultra 10s premature death?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/02/2002 06:42:12
Sorry maybe this is a more suitable question for port-sparc64 ?

Sinec I am about to buy an ultra 10, I have been looking on dejanews and I
have found many people having troubles with ultra sparc CPUs on Ultra 10
on ultra 30 and on ultra 60. THe common error is of the type:
panic[ cup0] /thread=3000b1fc60: cup0 Ecache SRAM Data Parity Error: AFSR
0x0000000.00400010 AFAR 0x000001ff.c7ff7fe0 (solaris speaking)

many people told that this means level-2 cache (2MB for utlra
10 440MHz CPU) is damaged.

Is this problem of the ecache common for ultrasparc CPUs ??
anyone experienced this problem ever?

I am jsut scared to buy this Ultra 10 and have the same problems I had
with DEC Multia (overheating) some year ago.
thanks a lot

Rick