Subject: Re: mt(1) doesn't report file number?
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/24/2002 11:42:19
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 08:26:43PM -0600, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
> >
> > Charles Shannon Hendrix writes:
> > - On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 03:36:57PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> >
> > - > I was a tad miffed, but I really do mean "If soembody else
> > - > has the time, go for it". Just tell me now so I don't start
> > - > picking up the reins again and have it be wasted time.
> > -
> > - I probably have the time, but I don't know anything about writing
> > - tape drivers.  I don't have the equipment to help test the missing
> > - hardware support.
> >
> > 	What sort of hardware is needed?  I've got QIC-150,
> > (Archive VIPER and Wantek) and Exabyte EXB8200 and EXB8500
> > drives about, that could easily make it your way (or be made
> > available on machines here.)
>
> I've actually expired the thread, but it was some form of QIC drive
> that was having problems I believe.

Tandberg. Easy to fix problem. Normal QIC foolishness.

> The other items are things like mt not reporting file number and
> other status information.

Already taken care of.

I mean, yes there are a few PRs open, but I'd be interested in a list of what
the companies that have dumped NetBSD found lacking other than lack of tape
position info.

Maybe these companies were naive. Tape position info is 'nice' but no serious
backup utility depends or should depend on it.

-