Subject: Re: mt(1) doesn't report file number?
To: Rex McMaster <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2002 22:12:23
At 7:33 Uhr +1100 21.3.2002, rmcm@compsoft.com.au wrote:
>Matthew Jacob writes:
> >
> > Interestingly enough, I even *have* such a beast.
> >

>Excellent - also, a similar patch (not submitted) is required for
>SL/7. I can submit if needed.

ME-TOO.   ;)

Tandberg SLR4, SLR5, SLR60. There are two distinct issues here for QIC
derived drives:

o  support for variable block length (which all the SLR models do just
fine, and which st(4) does not even read for QIC)

o  1FM@EOT vs. 2FM@EOT (which is relevant for writing more than one file on
a tape -- think 'Amanda')

Matthew, if you are interested, I can send you the patches I use at work
(and will have to re-apply soon when I upgrade the machine's kernel).

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign        "They that can give up essential liberty
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email           to obtain a little temporary safety