Subject: cc -msupersparc and 1.5.3 kernels don't mix?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/18/2002 20:00:27
With all the recent talk about adding -msupersparc for sun4m builds,
I thought I'd try adding 'makeoptions COPTS="-msupersparc"' to the
build on my LX.  It didn't work too well, as the boot loader printed
out the first number, and then spewed a data access exception.  (I
think that's what it was at least.  I commented out that single
line from my kernel config file to make sure it wasn't something
else, but I'm having to do it all from memory...)

Is there something that GCC is doing wrong here?  Is the boot loader
subtly broken? Is this something that simply is not allowed to be
done?  This is mostly just simple curiousity, but I would like to
get all the easy extra speed I can out of this antique.

Jon