Subject: Re: Does anyone know what the maximum hard drive
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/17/2002 02:06:42
>>> the SS2 has 50pin [internal SCSI] connectors.  [...]  I'm not sure
>>> how sun gets away with having three connectors from a single SCSI
>>> controller.  (two internal, one external)
>> They are still on the same bus, just part of it is in the motherboard.
> Are they really on the same bus?

It certainly looks like it to software.  In principle the hardware
could have multiple busses and then do some tap-dancing to make it all
look like a single one, though I have trouble imagining why anyone
would try, and I don't for a moment think Sun did - it's much more
plausible that they have just one SCSI bus, part of which is made up of
motherboard etch runs instead of more conventional wiring.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign