Subject: Re: improving ssh performance on sun4m systems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/16/2002 10:48:30
On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 10:18:00AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > -mv8 enables the instruction set, -mtune=supersparc enables the
> > instruction ordering (anything else?), and -msupersparc does both.
> >
> > I think cpuflags should really issue the latter, because what it
> > does say, -mcpu=supersparc, is only the v8 instruction set.
>
> 	'-mcpu=supersparc' should be synonymous to
> 	'-mcpu=supersparc -mtune=supersparc'. From 'info gcc':
>
> `-mcpu=CPU_TYPE'

This isn't in my man pages... in fact, little of the Sun stuff seems
to be.  I wish GNU would keep them as updated as they seem to do their
info stuff.  I just don't default to going there for information.

Anyway, I made an error in my scripting to test the various compiler
options, -mcpu=supersparc is definitely OK.  My bad.

I panicked for a few momoments, thinking all those hours of rebuilding
had the wrong options... :)

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com