Subject: Re: Does anyone know what the maximum hard drive
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Rafael Hinojosa <rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 11:07:55
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:23:37PM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
>
> > the SS2 has 50pin connectors.  it has two of them and uses a stubby (2"
> > or so) long ribbon cable for each of them.  I'm not sure how sun gets
> > away with having three connectors from a single SCSI controller. (two
> > internal, one external)
>
> They are still on the same bus, just part of it is in the motherboard.

Are they really on the same bus?  Some of the Macintosh's are known to
have 2 scsi buses, one external and one for internal drives.  I think
these were the 8xx0 and the 9xx0.  If they are on the same bus, then that
limits you to how many divices you can have connected.  You can always get
an additional SBUS scsi controller to use inside.

Rafael A. Hinojosa			rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu