Subject: Re: improving ssh performance on sun4m systems
To: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/15/2002 09:38:35
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Emiel Kollof wrote:

: > so gcc is obviously producing much better code on this machine when
: > -mcpu=supersparc is used.  and this is with the older compiler...
:
: With all the speed increase due to a simple tuning option in gcc:
:
: Would it be an idea to release a SS5/SS10 optimized snapshot somewhere?

I can pretty much assume that 80%+ of the speed increase is due to using the
mul/div v8 builtin.  This speed can be achieved without a completely
separate snapshot by implementing the libc v8 extension I mentioned earlier.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/