Subject: OpenPROM keyboard lockout on serial console after halt
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/14/2002 05:09:56
I have an SS2 running 1.5.2 with a serial console - if I 'halt' the
machine (which thankfully is only necessary once in a blue moon) I get the
OpenPROM 'Ok' prompt but the keyboard is locked out, requiring a power
cycle. I can reboot the machine instead and break into the OpenPROM during
the diagnostics with no problems, so this is no big deal, just annoying. I
only get this with NetBSD, it never happened when I ran OpenBSD.

Does anybody else have this problem? Any ideas?

-Andrew

--
sparc sun4c stuff : http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk