Subject: Re: 501-1910 SBus
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2002 02:53:32
> Can you -- or anyone else who will *use* it (i.e. not resell it!) --
> use this "Bi-Pro" SBUS card?

Not me.  I have one SPARCprinter, one cable, and two 501-1910s (only
one of which is known to have a working lpvi, but I have no reason to
think the other doesn't; I know nothing about the bpp functionality on
either one).

> Note that I have no idea how/if it works since I haven't tied it to
> anything... (my Slowaris box is down temporarily or I could tell you
> what *it* has to say about the card...)

Unless you have newsprint installed, it's unlikely to say more than
that it's there and it doesn't know what to do with it.  You can tell
it's _there_ from the PROM; find the sbus device node and ls it (/sbus
or /iommu/sbus or whatever it is on your machine) and if it acts like
my 501-1910, you'll see SUNW,lpvi for the lpvi and something else -
bpp, or SUNW,bpp or some such I think - for the bpp.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign