Subject: Re: lpvi: success
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2002 18:11:35
>> I now have an lpvi driver.  [...]  If anyone wants to port it
>> forward to -current, feel free.

> Do you have either (1) a SPARCprinter I can test a port to -current
> with, or (2) the capability of booting a -current kernel with
> COMPAT_14 and COMPAT_15 in it so you can verify that it works?

Well, I have a SPARCprinter, obviously, but getting it to you could be
nontrivial.  I'll be happy to test-boot kernels for you, though.  Yes,
I probably would need COMPAT_ options for my userland to be happy.
Alternatively, we could arrange to get a dd image of a disk to me and I
could test-boot that; I have plenty of spare disks and wouldn't mind
earmarking one for your tests for a while.  Contact me off-list and we
can hash out details.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign