Subject: lpvi: success
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/08/2002 17:03:00
I now have an lpvi driver.  It works, in that I've gotten pages out of
my printer, but it still needs a good deal of work, only some of which
I'm competent to give it.  In particular, it is not SMP-ready (it locks
against itself with spl*() calls), and like most of my stuff, it fits
into 1.4T.  If anyone wants to port it forward to -current, feel free.
It also requires a full-page bitmap, even though the hardware supports
non-zero margin widths on all four sides.  I'll be happy to correspond
about it with anyone who cares to.

I've updated the FTPable copy of my patch tree
(ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mouse/patch-tree/) to contain the
relevant patches; the lpvi stuff is in src/sys/dev/sbus/ - see in
particular Makefile, files.sbus, lpvi.c, and lpviio.h.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign