Subject: Kernel crashed, what now?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/07/2002 09:43:36
My SS10 has been running 1.5.1 for a while without problems.  Today it was
sitting at the single-user boot prompt after apparently panicing during the
night.

How can I figure out what happened?  Looking at /var/crash shows netbsd.0
and netbsd.0.core.Z

I copied them to a directory with more space, uncompressed the core file
and ran gdb netbsd.0 netbsd.0.core but gdb didn't recognize the core file....

drwxr-xr-x  2 grunzasr  staff       512 Feb  5 09:24 grunzasr/
-rw-r--r--  1 root      wheel   2821663 Mar  7 09:36 netbsd.0
-rw-r--r--  1 root      wheel  66363928 Mar  7 09:23 netbsd.0.core
grunza@hw-sbus 27% gdb netbsd.0 netbsd.0.core
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "sparc--netbsd"...(no debugging symbols found)...

"/usr/export/home/netbsd.0.core" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

Any ideas?