Subject: Re: STOP+A when use-nvramrc?=true
To: Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2002 22:39:37
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:55:23 +0100 (CET)
Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org> wrote:

> I found out that my new NVRAM is not really 100% compatible with the
> IPX (probably I have the Dallas part instead of the Mostek).

I would advise repairing the old NVRAM on an IPX as then you know it's
100% compatible. It isn't hard to attach another battery if you can
solder. Have a look at the URL in my sig.

> But now I noticed that the usual STOP+A combintation to get back into
the prom> does not work. When I turn off the nvramrc, it does work again.
Does anybody> have a workaround, possibly either in NetBSD or by adding
something to the> above nvramrc?

When I halt NetBSD on my SS2 I get the 'ok' prompt but the keyboard is
locked out (I use a serial console). This only happens with NetBSD. Any
ideas?

Andrew

--
sparc sun4c stuff : http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk