Subject: Re: 24-bit color on CG14
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2002 00:47:08
Darren Reed writes:

>I don't believe that TCX exists in any other way, except on the SS4
>motherboard (which is 8bit).

I have two ss5 which have S24 (24-bit tcx) where I first installed
NetBSD on one, only to be disappointed by it only being 8-bit
unaccelerated. Now Solaris is crunching away happily on the other
but I'd prefer to run NetBSD with proper support for the machine
on one of them at least.

BTW.: I don't know if it's just bad driver support in Sol2.5.1 and Sol8,
but the "acceleration" of the tcx graphics is a misnomer; the beast
is the slowest graphics I've seen in a workstation for quite a while.
It's truecolor, yeah, nice, but almost unusably slow. Still NetBSD
support would be nice, imho.

--mkb