Subject: Re: request for help
To: None <sugunakar@mail.recw.ernet.in>
From: Christian Smith <csmith@micromuse.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/07/2002 15:31:09
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 sugunakar@mail.recw.ernet.in wrote:

>hi,
> i got a sun machine . It was running fine till last one week.
>but now it s
>but now when we turn it on , it says , framing error crc error.
>Even i tried to boot it from my network , then also it says frming error
>crc error. Please do help me

This would appear to be an error with your network interface, so you
certainly won't be able to boot from the network if it doesn't work.

From the prom monitor prompt, try:
ok watch-net

You'll get various test results (like tranciever test,) and then get a
indication of successful/failed packet reads.

Also, it'd help if you indicate what type of machine you have,
configuration etc.

--
    /"\
    / \