Subject: SEC / 501-1450 NIC
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@NetBSD.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/2002 05:54:19
Greetings!
    I've been trying -- to no avail -- to get an "SEC" (AUI/10Base2
501-1450) running
in a Classic.  It is recognized as le1 (or is it le0, can't recall) during
the probe().
Assigned an IP via /etc/ifconfig.le1.  But, no matter which media type I
choose,
(and adjusting the DIP switch accordingly) I can't seem to get it to
send/receive
packets ("host is down" even when pinging it from localhost).
    The le man page doesn't explicitly list it as a supported NIC.  And, the
"10base2"
media type is apparently not recognized as a valid option to ifconfig.
Leaving the
AUI/10base5 as the only real choice (I have verified power to the
transceiver
attached thereto).

    Does anyone have one of these running on a released kernel (1.5.2)?  I
suppose
I can pull it and stuff it into a Solaris box to test the basic hardware
functionality...

Thanx!
--don