Subject: Second interface
To: PORT-SPARC <Port-SPARC@NetBSD.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@GCI-Net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/03/2002 16:09:37
Greetings!
    I am installing a second interface in a Classic (10Base2 w/AUI... is
that "SBE"?).
And, of course, I can't seem to get it to come online.
    ifconfig le1 <NewIP>
    ifconfig le1 up
verify the IP, netmask, etc. are correct -- they mimic le0 with the
exception of
the IP address (noted MAC address is the same).

Interface is recognized in the probe().

No activity on the 10Base2 connection (status "no carrier").  OK, maybe the
DC-DC
is fried.  <shrug>  So, tried a known *good* 10base2 transceiver (and
verified power
present for it) -- on a known *functioning* network, etc.

I've also created ifconfig.le1(5) to  mimic these actions on boot -- but
have avoided
rebooting the system since it is currently serving fonts to X terminals,
etc.

Am I missing something else??  <:-(

Thanks!
--don