Subject: Re: Need an ethernet board...
To: Gene Buckle <geneb@deltasoft.com>
From: Michael J. Miller Jr. <mke@turbolift.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/2002 07:47:37
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > As a interesting note, the company I work at just crushes old sparc
> > stations and Ultra1 due to the contract they have with Sun. What a waste.
> >
> ....and you'd better be snatching the ram and sbus cards from them before
> hand. :)

When I worked at Sun as a contractor in the early 90's they did this to all
their internal machines as well.  Rumors ran rampant that a lot of people
were taking the old systems home instead of turning them in because of
this.  At the time Sun didn't do much in the way of property tracking, so
it was easy for people to get away with.

I suspect a fair number of the older systems still floating around out
there came from Sun originally.

--
Mike Miller             mke @ turbolift.com