Subject: Re: Need an ethernet board...
To: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
From: Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/2002 16:46:03
Geoff Blake wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Gene Buckle wrote:
>

>>I've already done that - all I've found are four port cards.  In my case
>>that's HUGE overkill.  Regardless, another list member contacted me with
>>an offer I couldn't refuse.  (Thanks!)
>>

> I too am looking for a SBus ethernet card - In my case, on the right
> side of the pond (i.e. in the UK/EU) and like Gene, I feel that a
> four port card would be rather excessive. I too am loking to build
> a physically small firewall. Any offers I can't refuse :-)

As I mentioned to Gene, here in Japan, sbus nics are anywhere from $10 -
$30 plus shipping. The four port cards are harder to find, so I would be
willing to trade a happy meal(hme)for one. If not I wouldn't mind just
pick up a 10 MB one as I need one too.

As a interesting note, the company I work at just crushes old sparc
stations and Ultra1 due to the contract they have with Sun. What a waste.

jack_morgan