Subject: Two questions
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Randall Stewart <randall@stewart.chicago.il.us>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/2002 09:41:25
Hi:

I am working on a sparc-1 (yeah I know its old but its
what I have :-0) and have a couple of questions:

1) It seems that since I have switched to building the
   kernel with a -g/DEBUG option set I end up compiling
   about 3 or 4 times until I get a success. The failed
   attempts ususally end with a SIGBUS or some other such
   thing (error 139 and a core). This seems to happen during
   the ld of the kernel. I have tried playing a bit with the
   ulimits to see if it is something like that .. but no luck
   yet. The machine is not swapping (its got 64Meg) and the loader
   is getting around 32+ meg... Anyone have any idea what tuneable
   I need to tweak to get a compile every time :-0

2) When I crash into DDB I have a nice stack trace and such
   but after reboot 0x100 and then in to gdb netbsd.gdb with the core I
   can't trace the stack... The last time I wrote down the stack
   trace and was able to debug with the addresses and such and
   figure out my foobar.. but this is a real pain and makes it
   difficult to say the least... when I do the ps -.... to
   get the process addresses they all show up as 0... Any ideas
   on how I can make my kdb a bit easier? I am sure I will
   be in it a few more times before my SCTP work is over :0

Thanks

Randall R. Stewart
randall@stewart.chicago.il.us 815-342-5222 (cell phone)