Subject: Re: Booting my IPX
To: <>
From: Joerg Stephan <jhstephan@t-online.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/2002 12:17:46
On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, David Laight wrote:

> > Are you sure the drive is OK? Does it work under normal, non booting
> > conditions?
>
> Is it a drive from a sun system?  It probably needs to support 512 byte
> sectors in order to boot the IPX, many drives only support 2048 byte
> sectors.

Well, i tried it this days with an Toshiba SCSI CD-Rom which worked
at an old NeXT. As i know NeXT only supports 512 byte sectors
so this should be working. but it doesn't.
I don't really know if my old IBM CD-Rom is working, but this
Toshiba does an new installation of NeXTStep 3.3 on an NeXT so
it should.

Joerg