Subject: RE: Sidplay on an IPC
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/15/2002 11:26:26
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> Linc, bud, how you doing? :-) Didya get ahold of Brian for me? I think what

Nope, I tried emailing him again and calling his (ex) wife but no luck.  I
wonder if he's ignoring me? :-)

> they're asking (and what makes sense as far as troubleshooting a problem) is
> can you try using an 8k/mono (or other slower rate) option in Sidplay, like
> the FAQ mentions for mpg123. If it does work at a slower rate, that says
> something about what the problem is. See my point? :-)

Oh yeah I know what point they are trying to make, but if I was smart
enough to know to adjust the rate on mpg123 and get it to work it would
figure I could at least read the command line parm for sidplay as
well.  There are *some* adjustments available there, however, everything I
try ends up with the encoding error I originally mentioned...  I was
hoping someone could tell me if maybe there is an error in the library for
it or something (libsidplay).

-Linc Fessenden