Subject: Re: NetBsd Installation for sparc64
To: None <gul_khan_99@yahoo.com, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/14/2002 16:44:16
| This is my first posting on this mailing list because
| I am very new on NetBsd.I have a SPARCENGINE(tm)
| Ultra(tm)AXi machine (Ultra SPARC-IIi 440 MHz).Since
| machine has 4 hard disk and 1GB ram.
| I have a NetBSD-1.5.2-multiboot CD for sparc64
| architecture.
| I want to install NetBSD on my machine from scratch
| and I had solaris on that machine but I formate the
| hardisk and no operating system is present on that
| machine.
| The CD is not bootable and I need a installation
| procedure for above machine.
| How to make a bootable floppies for sparc64 and where
| to get the bootable floppies images?.
| What is installation procedure for sparc64?.
| Kindly reply me as soon as posible.Thanks in advanced.

That machine is incapable of booting from floppies.  You basically
have 3 choices:  network booting (see diskless(8) or the INSTALL.txt),
booting from a miniroot image (which requires a bootable Solaris CD),
or using ftp:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/kernels/cdimage.iso.gz (which
required a CDR or CDRW burner).

Eduardo