Subject: Re: IPC Hell
To: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@digitalfreaks.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/09/2002 13:46:22
> 1) I found out that my cd wasn't bootable.
> 	- so I made the floppy install disks

...did it used to be bootable?  You have to specify the "f" or "g"
slive/partition sometimes:

try:

ok boot /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom:2,0:f netbsd

> 2) After finally getting the install script to work I keep getting errors
> while trying to untar the base set like:
> pax: Unable to create ./usr/share/(whatever) <No such file or directory>

...are you getting any other errors to the conole? from ESP* or SD*?  Try
logging the output of your xterminal (assuming you're on serial console
in) using -l or script(1)

-lava

> Now I have gotten this on 2 different cdroms, and now on the FTP install
> as well.  Is my HDD munged?
>
> -Linc Fessenden
>
> In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"