Subject: No /dev/lp device
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hinojosa Rafael Alejandro <rhinojos@haverford.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/02/2002 15:17:52
Hi everyone,

First off, here is the machine's OS information.

bash-2.05$ uname -a
NetBSD rhine 1.5.1 NetBSD 1.5.1 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Jul  9 22:42:32 CST 2001
toor@proxima:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc
bash-2.05$

I'd like to be able to print via IP to some of the printers that we have
here at work.  However anytime I try to add a printer, I stopped because I
have no /dev/lpt or /dev/lp0 device to associate with a printer.

I tried running MAKEDEV but nothing new shows up.  I have the same issues
with wscons in that I have no /dev/ttyE devices of any sort.

It appears as if the MAKEDEV script doesn't have those devices listed.  Is
this a known problem with the 1.5.1 release or have is screwed up
something?

Let me know if I can provide you all with any additional info.

TIA,

--Raf

Rafael A. Hinojosa					     610 690 1312
Academic Computing Center			   rhinojos@haverford.edu
Haverford College