Subject: Re: MAGMA support
To: der Mouse , <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/28/2001 22:11:38
Back in sept/oct 1999 I tried to make it work to no avail.  I went so far as
to even buy a newer version of the card, as second newer version of the
card, tried in Classic, then LX then SS5 and then SS20 and never got more
than garbage.  So then I built the kernel with gobs of debugging and found
that it's trying to talk to it, but I too never worked out what is really
going wrong.

Something I never figured out as well was if the speed selection in the line
discipline was done in magma's solaris driver or if it's done on the board;
ie. If I want 115.2k, so I open the port at 4800 baud?  So then I downloaded
freebsd -- same behavior.

Ultimately I found it easier to pick up SS5's whenever I needed another
serial port.  If you do find a way to make it happy, I too would be happy.

peter