Subject: MAGMA support
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/28/2001 17:31:16
I see there's a driver in sys/dev/sbus for Magma cards.

However, I've got a card that it doesn't seem to like.  Is there
anybody who understands the Magma stuff, and/or who can give me a
pointer to someone at Magma who won't give me a blank stare when I
start talking about NetBSD?  I'd like to make the driver support this,
but as yet can't do much but take potshots in the dark.

The card has two serial and one parallel ports.  Here's what I've been
able to get the PROM to tell me about it:

ok cd /sbus
ok ls
ffebe53c cgsix@3,0
ffebe48c MAGMA 2+1HS Sp@1,0
ffebd1b0 le@0,c00000
ffebab44 esp@0,800000
ffebab00 dma@0,400000
ok " MAGMA 2+1HS Sp" find-device
ok .attributes
intr                     00 00 00 07 00 00 00 00
reg                      00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00
clock                    20
chiprev                  E
intlevels                2 7 8 9
name                     MAGMA 2+1HS Sp
ok

(The find-device line is because "cd" doesn't work right, presumably
because of the whitespace in the device name.  Poking around with "see"
led me to the find-device incantation.)

magma_match seems to want MAGMA_Sp as the name; I not surprisingly get

MAGMA 2+1HS Sp at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x0 level 7 not configured

I haven't quite dared try just tweaking the driver to match on my
card's name; I note the driver seems to want a magma_prom property,
which isn't listed in .attributes above - I don't know whether that
means anything or not, but the other three properties the driver wants
are shown....

Physically present on the card, I see one CD1400 and one CD1190 (and
some other, smaller, stuff).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign