Subject: Update: Sparc{-2,-10}, NetBSD-1.5.1, FSBE/S, DNES-318350N: no go?
To: None <Thilo.Manske@heh.uni-oldenburg.de>
From: Volker Borchert <bt@insiders-fs.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/18/2001 13:05:29
In message <20011217132013.A21657@WintelKiller.T> you write:

I have just tried to fsck the drive on a Sparc-2 running NetBSD-1.5.1
on (I am pretty sure) the very FSBE/S it used to be connected to, all
alone, with a cable that was good on Sunday and an active terminator.
Result:

sd1(esp1:1:0): esp1: timed out [ecp 0xf03d68d0 (flags 0x3, dleft bc00, stat 0)], <state 1, nexus 0x0, phase(l 0, c 100, p 7), resid bc00, msg(q 0, o 0) >

I can't test it easily on the on-board SCSI because I have the root
disk set to ID 3 and a GENERIC kernel, so the DNES would become sd0
and the root would become sd1, which would obviously not work since
there's no OS on the DNES.

Next thing is to reconnect the DNES to the OpenBSD box. I don't know
whether to hope it _will_ work or it _won't_ work. If it does work,
it seems obvious to me that there is some problem with NetBSD's driver
problem (could it be that the disklabels are compatible enough that
NetBSD recognizes the layout but incompatible enough to cause such
problems?). If it doesn't work, it's dead, and I have lost DEM 1500
(at least that's how much it cost when I bought it three years ago).

	Volker