Subject: Re: locate.updatedb & Netboot--What, Where, How and sometimes Why
To: Derek Warren <acheron303@mac.com>
From: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/17/2001 14:12:45
i had a prob with updatedb running out of partition space a while back. i
think it uses /tmp rather than /var/tmp. i hadnt a seperate /tmp partition so
i had to fiddle with symlinks to get it to use /var/tmp.

check you have a /tmp directory (should be there in normal install) and that
there is plenty of space for it.

GREG