Subject: Re: Changing resolution on a cgthree
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/16/2001 22:38:59
>> Try and get yourself a better frame buffer too, the CG3 is OLD and
>> SLOW.  A TGX or TGX+ is much better :)
> Well, if I can't get this working, I may have to invest in a new
> monitor.  We'll see :)  Besides, do the TGX or TGX+ even to better
> than 8bpp in NetBSD?

AFAIK they don't do better than 8bpp at all.  But they do 8bpp a _lot_
faster than the cgthree, at least if the software has even minimal
smarts.  At least one open-source X server I know of does and the
NetBSD rasterconsole console code does (or at least used to).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign