Subject: Re: com0 on JavaStation isn't assigned an interrupt
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/13/2001 22:35:17
On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 17:09:34 +0100, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> > So shall I bump the version up to 1.12?
>
> Yes, I think so; but you may want to merge OBP2 with ``OBP3'' before
> that if you want.

Since merging these two entries has no user visible consequences, that
shouldn't need a version bump. Merged or not, both would patch exactly
the same problem in OBP{2,3}.

> Actually, I found the command to use in the OBP 2.x manual, and the
> ones in the OBP 3.x manual didn't work.
>
> I'm afraid I will never understand which PROM my javastation has... ;-)

OpenBoot uses "PROM vector" interface and OBP version specifies
versioning of that interface.  OTOH, OpenFirmware uses different,
extensible, client interface (one entry point plus named methods).

Sun's OBP 3.x is actually an OpenFirmware, *not* OpenBoot v3 (note
that your v3 OBP is 2.x, not 3.x!).  Yes - this is confusing.

SY, Uwe