Subject: Re: com0 on JavaStation isn't assigned an interrupt
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/10/2001 17:33:54
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:04:35 +0100, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> > It's OBP2 - both the "2.30" and the presence of zs in the device tree
> > indicate that.
>
> I agree it's not open firmware, but it's OBP3.

Ah.  I never saw such a beast.

> > Does prom patch fails for you?  I tested it on my OBP2 box.
>
> Yes, after plugging the screen to the javastation, I can see that
> prom_interpret() fails with "Memory Address not aligned".
> I know it's certainly prom_interpret because the output looks like:
>
> Patching OBP3 for SUNW,JavaStation-1
> su: adding "interrupts"Memory Address not aligned

Mmm, prom_interpret should work, b/c prom_getether uses it for OBP3
and you seem to get past that point.

> > Try to break into prom and before booting NetBSD issue these commands:
> >
> >     " /obio/su" open-dev d# 13 " interrupts" integer-attribute close-dev

May be it needs OFW syntax?  I.e. try the same patch from OFW:

    dev /obio/su d# 13 " interrupts" integer-property device-end

> I'll try that later when I can plug a keyboard to it.

I'm afraid the PROM doesn't know how to deal with keyboard (no
/obio/8042 node in the dmesg) so you'll have to use serial console.
You might also need to shorten the manufacturing test jumper to get
to the prom prompt.  Jumper is J0904 1-2, it's near the power supply.
See this diagram:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_JavaStation_JJ.html

SY, Uwe