Subject: Re: com0 on JavaStation isn't assigned an interrupt
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/10/2001 05:22:31
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:30:06 +0100, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> > You need a current boot.net.  PROMs in javastations are fubar, so I've
> > commited sys/arch/sparc/stand/boot/prompatch.c to massage proms before
> > kernel is loaded.  For the OBP2 machine you need prompatch.c,v 1.3
> > 2001/11/22.
>
> Yup, I figured that out after my post, but it appears that I have a
> version 3 Open Boot PROM [ version 3, revision 2.30 (plugin rev 2) ]
> and I couldn't get it to use either the F-code for OBP2 or OFW. So
> I'll have to cook up something, but I have to learn a bit on Fcode
> first...

It's OBP2 - both the "2.30" and the presence of zs in the device tree
indicate that.

Does prom patch fails for you?  I tested it on my OBP2 box.  Also I
don't understand the reference to F-code.  prompatch.c doesn't use
F-code (binary), it uses textual representation.

Try to break into prom and before booting NetBSD issue these commands:

    " /obio/su" open-dev d# 13 " interrupts" integer-attribute close-dev

(you can also add them to NVRAM).

OBP3 (which is OFW) is a different story.  Since PROM in those
machines lives at f000.0000 - the address where NetBSD kernel wants to
live, you cannot boot stock kernel (actaully, it needs a real a.out or
elf boot program, so you cannot use stock boot.net either).

My current work-around is to use a kernel that starts at e800.0000 and
skip the prom addresses when kernel is initialized.

SY, Uwe