Subject: Busted NVRAM (was Re: add on to sysinst dumps)
To: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/09/2001 03:30:02
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Chris Lloyd wrote:

> It could be your floppy, it could be the floppy drive, it could be the RAM
> again :)
>
>  - Chris

Funny you mention this, one of the machines has a bad floppy and a bad
video card, but more memory. I finally decided to consolidate the machines
and I have 1 gig of hard drive, 28 megs of memory, a decent video card,
and a busted NVRAM... But I got 1.5.2 installed just fine now so I think I
was having some kind of hardware trouble before with sysinst.

Looks like there's a way to hardcode the mac address so I can get the
thing up on the network. What a pain! Any suggestions as how to fix the
NVRAM causing the mac address to go to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff other than
hardcoding it and rebuilding the kernel?

Andy

acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org