Subject: 24-bit support/Possible TCX donation
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <wysoft@wysoft.neverhere.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/13/2001 20:42:48
About two months ago, I presented a question to the list asking about the
current state of 24-bit video support in NetBSD. I'm very interested in
seeing this support exist in NetBSD, but since I have no current knowledge of
C, I really can't help.

In a mail from der Mouse regarding the subject:

"I've got a pending X issue on my todo list (X on NetBSD/next68k), but
once that's out of the way, the only thing stopping me from doing this
will be a lack of suitable hardware (and yes, that's volunteering - if
I get my hands on the hardware)."

Well, I now have a TCX framebuffer in my posession. It's quite nice, and it's
really not as slow as I had often heard it to be (at least under Linux it
isn't). So, Mouse, if you or any other developer is interested in developing
24-bit support beyond it's present state, I'd love to lend this TCX out to
anybody that has the time to work on the code. Someone else will have to take
care of a cg14 :)

Thanks,

Jeff