Subject: Re: port-sparc/14180: random segfault on IPC with -current
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/12/2001 16:08:59
Manuel Bouyer said:

>Can you try 1.5.1, or a -current compiled from sources checked out
>with the date tag I posted ?
>I've no problems on my ss20 so I suspect it's a sun4c-only problem.
>But maybe it's just timing-related.
>
>I should be able to get a 2*30Mhz ss10 soon, I'll try it there too.

I just built a kernel on an IPX running straight 1.5.2 using "make -j2".

Kernel compiled without a hitch. The system has 64 megs memory.

I also recently upgraded a Sparc 1 from 1.5 to 1.5.3_ALPHA. I did this by
grabbing the sources by anoncvs and doing a "make build". Other than the
fact that it took 74 hours, there were no problems.

And my sun4m machines are all fine.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com