Subject: Re: booting problems after install on IPC
To: Curtis Collicutt <c_collicutt@yahoo.com>
From: Michael Maciolek <mikem@noop.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/09/2001 13:36:41
The IPC boot proms use an older naming convention for the boot
device; while newer systems accept "boot diskN", the old naming
convention was:

	boot sd(0,N,0)

where "N" is the SCSI id.  (the first zero is the scsi controller,
the final zero is the partition from which you're trying to boot,
which is 0 for partition "a").

So for Peter Waterland, try

	boot sd(0,5,0)

(unless you've already changed your scsi ID jumpers),

and for Curtis Collicutt, try

	boot sd(0,4,0)

There may be other difficulties ahead, but this is a step in the
right direction.

Regards,

Michael Maciolek