Subject: Re: booting problems after install on IPC
To: None <mmmckpww@stud.man.ac.uk>
From: Matthew Gozo <gozo@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/09/2001 10:58:56
First off, the settings assigned to the drive are calculated bitwise, so
that
having a jumper on 0 gives the device SCSI ID 1, having it on 1 gives it
ID 2, and having it on 2 gives it ID 4.  Since you start out with
probe-scsi and
dmesg showing the disk at target 5, I assume there are jumpers on
positions 0 and 2 (4 + 1 = 5). I would try "boot /sbus/esp/sd@5,0" as my
first guess, as I don't remember how Sun assigns the numbers in "boot
diskX" to SCSI targets, though I know it's not just the ID number.

Maybe someone else can help by refreshing my memory? :-)

Matt Gozo