Subject: Re: X Windows problems on diskless SunOS 4.1.4 client of NetBSD 1.5.1 server
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Volker Borchert <bt@insiders-fs.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/09/2001 12:30:04
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>:

|> All SunOS boxes share the same /var/tmp, also with the NetBSD server ?

Of course not. Every client mounts server:/export/vtmp/`hostname`
onto /var/tmp, and the server has its own /var and /var/log on
two dedicated separate file systems.

|> If so, all of them want to create a /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 socket, but
|> NetBSD and SunOS don't do it the same way I suspect.

I have only one X windows client at any one time anyway, since I
have only two machines which aren't headless, the boot/file server
itself and my desktop workstation.

|> So you need a separate /var/tmp for the clients.

My fault, for not being clear enough about this.

	Volker