Subject: Re: using eeprom to find out how to reboot ?
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/06/2001 20:23:29
You missed my point (or maybe I didn't make it clear).

I want "reboot" from NetBSD to use the same boot parameters that booted
it.  So if I did "boot disk2:f" to boot NetBSD, I want reboot to use that
regardless of what's in the prom.  I DO NOT want "reboot" from netbsd to
cause the box to boot whatever happens to be the default on that system.

I _want_ "boot" to behave differently to "boot disk1:e" but if disk1:e
happens to boot netbsd, I want "reboot" from netbsd to know it has to
cause the prom to do a "boot disk1:e".  And I want it to not change the
default boot device or file.

Does that make it more clear about what I'm after ?