Subject: Re: Darn type4 keyboard.
To: None <UberTechnoid@Home.com>
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/27/2001 16:40:20
> How do I make the rest of the keys on my type4 keyboard do something other
> than print junk?  Also, the functions of my DELETE and BACKSPACE keys
> reverse when in X vs when not running X.

Rest of the keys?  I take it you mean they print strings like (for F10) :

	^[[21~

?  Well, you could just ignore them, you could bind them to something using
xmodmap, or you could bind them to something using your window manager.  If
you use xmodmap, you'll want a (say) '.xmodmaprc' file with lines of the
form :

	keycode 50 = BackSpace
	keycode 73 = Delete

If you want to find the keycode for a key, run `xev`.  If you want the list
of symbols, look in `/usr/X11R6/include/X11/keysymdef.h'.  Then just run
`xmodmap $HOME/.xmodmaprc` from your X start up script.

If you use the window manager, you'll need to check the format of the resource
file it uses.  I use tvtwm, so I put :

	"SunFront"	=	:	window	: f.raiselower

to make the key on the left labelled 'Front' toggle a window between front
and back.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/