Subject: sparc64 toolchain
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/22/2001 14:49:57
It could be that my box is hosed from a failed attempt to make build a
while ago but...

I have a 1.5X kernel on an ultra1
I have userland from the 2000/11 snapshot and some toolchain updates
(eg /usr/bin/ld) from about 2000/12

I've just built squid from pkgsrc, but it keeps bombing with the
error:

FATAL: cache_swap is lower than cache_mem

not very helpful. so I printed out the values in question:

cache_swap 102400 is lower than cache_mem 16384

which of course is bogus.  The test that fails is:

cache_cf.c:273
      if (Config.Swap.maxSize < (Config.memMaxSize >> 10))

gdb does not seem to work at all on this box so I can't provide
anything more useful.

I might update to the 20010114 snapshot, do I want to also add
/ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/toolchain/dwarf.tar.gz ?

Thanks
--sjg