Subject: Re: tcp wrappers
To: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/19/2001 13:49:47
On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:08:02AM +0100, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:
> ah ok...
>
> i was thinking of implementing port sentry which can drop offending hosts into
> /etc/hosts.deny etc so i checked for tcp wrappers by looking through
> inetd.conf and checking for hosts.deny and hosts.allow. assumed it wasnt
> installed... probalby should have checked further!
>
> its the first time i've seen:
>
> ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM=      SunOS-*-*       # in NetBSD base system
>
> in a makefile. i saw it there but didnt understand why it was there... hadnt
> realised that pkgsrc was used by other platforms.
>
> thanks for your help...

portsentry is already in pkgsrc too - pkgsrc/security/portsentry. On
NetBSD it adds entries to hosts.deny (though I've thought about adding
ipf support)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,