Subject: Serial mouse on Sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <UberTechnoid@Home.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/13/2001 18:44:48
I've got a perfectly good Sun optical mouse (with the silver/blue-gridded
pad), but I'd like to hang a plain old Microsoft serial mouse off one of
the four com ports and use it instead.

The optical mouse it runs presently just kinda bites.

I looked around quite a bit before posting this question.  There is a
driver package called RAT_11 for Solaris to do this, but more information
than that I don't have.

I looked for the Xconf file all over.  Docs on the web say Xf86conf which
make sense for the Intel folks, but I have no such file and so can't edit
it manually.  Is there an analogue to XF86Config or XF86Setup for sparc I
should be aware of? Where is the X11R6 configuration file?

Regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey S. Worley
Asheville, NC USA