Subject: re: SBus parallel card support help!
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2001 23:43:34

   Quick question on hardware support.  I need to add a parallel
   printer card to an SS2 to use it as a print server.  Any ideas
   if the following card (part 501-2275) classifies as the
   following device (which according to SBus supported hardware
   should work) ... ???  I've been offered one for free if I go
   and pick it up.  Just wondering if I should bother or not?

   support info:-
      LSI64854 based bi-directional parallel port (bpp)

   the card I have (501-2275 SBus Printer card, Newsprinter 20):-
      http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/501/2/2/7/5/501-2275.jpg

   Alternatively, if the answer is no, then has anyone got any
   better suggestions for zero budget?

the sbus printer card also has a bpp on it.  we have a driver for the
bpp, but nothing for the sparcprinter.  due to what appears to be a
complete lack of documentation for them, they have remain unsupported.

you should be able to hook up a printer to the bpp port on this card
and print to a normal parallel printer.

.mrg.