Subject: Re: 1.5.2 on 4/460 and 4/330
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/01/2001 09:57:13
> I am making progress on running NetBSD 1.5.2 on my 4/460. During the boot
> phase the ie(0,0,0) on the CPU board works fine. When the kernel starts it
> does an ARP and a reverse ARP and a bootparam query. The packets are only
> about 58 bytes and it reports DMA underruns on the Ehternet port on the CPU
> board. I let it run until it asked for a root device and pointed it to the
> VME/Multibus Ethernet ie(1,0,0). This Ethernet board works fine and does
> not get any DMA underruns. I will try a disk install and will post the
> results.
> Michael Thompson

Sounds good.  I tried installing on a 4/300, and got nowhere, good.
Then, on a lark, I installed to a disk on my 670MP (4/600 with SM100)
and it installed fine.  I moved the disk over to the 4/300, and it now
seems to still run fine.  I will try the disk on the same machine but
swap cpu back to the 4/100 thing, and see what that does.

Bob