Subject: Re: Sparcstation Voyager
To: Jonathan O'Brien <obrien@gossamer.com>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/01/2001 07:09:01
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Jonathan O'Brien wrote:

> The machine runs NetBSD
> fine. If you want some of the extras (audio and pcmcia), you're
> going to have to do some coding. I have a voyager and am happy.
> I suspect that linux doesn't support audio and pcmcia either.

Well, here's the update...
Got the voyager which is in fantastic shape (Thanks Mike!).  Loaded RedHat
6.2 for Sparc on it via bootable cd.  It runs fantastic.  Linux fully
supports the dbri audio on this thing.  I am not sure about the pcmcia yet
because I haven't actually tried it (too busy playing my mp3's through it
and having fun).  I am sure NetBSD would work great on this as well - but
I just *had* to be able to play mp3's on it :-)  Anyhow, these are really
great little machines and I highly recommend you grab one if you ever come
across it.

-Linc.

--
  7:02am  up 49 days, 26 min,  5 users,  load average: 1.86, 1.71, 1.57