Subject: Re: root on raidframe
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/20/2001 11:17:05
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 02:47:45PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:32:55 -0600
>     From:        Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
>
>   | No, it shouldn't.  I'm guessing that 'booted_device' is getting changed
>   | on the sparc port after RAIDframe changes it to be raid0a.... but I've not
>   | tracked this down yet...
>
> My assumption is that Manuel must have "root on sd0a" (or similar) in his
> kernel config - otherwise the root device would be defaulting to the

No, I don't.

> place where /netbsd came from, which isn't a root filesys from what was
> said.

It does. But as I have configured a raid device with 'raidctl -A root raid0',
raidframe should overwrite the root device with raid0a.
It works this way on i386 and alpha, at last.
Greg explicitely added code to raidframe to do this, if I read it properly
the magic happens in rf_netbsdkintf.c:rf_buildroothack()